It’s that time of year – time for heavy rain and lots of wind, especially if you live in Washington State.
Our friends at Mutual of Enumclaw timed it perfectly with some super simple ways to prepare for this year’s winter storms and possible power outages.
While you can’t control Mother Nature – you can make sure you have what you need to stay safe if the lights go out!
Below is a list of recommended items to have on hand in case of an emergency:
- Plenty of non-perishable food items – Things which are easy to prepare without the use of a propane or charcoal grill inside.
- A flashlight
- Extra batteries of all sizes
- Battery operated or hand crank radio
- Extra supply of medications
- Toiletries for all family members
- Extra cash
- A copy of emergency contact information and important documents
It’s always a good idea to be prepared and have these items ready to go should the power go out for several hours or in some cases even days.